As a sales and marketing professional, if you’ve ever felt like you were putting in a lot of hard work to prospect and generate new leads but at the end of the day the return you were seeing was not a true indicator of your efforts, then this post is for you.
The idea of working long hours to get results and working even longer hours to get better results may not be what you had in mind for getting ahead. If you’re like most of today’s workforce, you value your personal time equally as much (if not more) than your time spent earning a living.
Hard work is a noble quality but smart work can multiply your results. We suggest a balance of both. In this digital age, the technology makes it possible to take advantage of consumers’ access to information and leverage tools that will automatically work for you… even while you’re not.
Here are three ways to 5x your leads and spend more time doing what you really enjoy doing.
1. CLONE YOURSELF USING CONTENT TO AUTOMATICALLY LURE PROSPECTS
You probably can narrow down a handful of questions that your target prospects ask you at some point during the sales cycle. However, the questions you’re being asked are only from those people you’ve come in contact with. What about the countless others that have similar questions?
As a salesperson or marketer, you can’t be in two places at once. But your content can. Not only can you use content to educate and provide solutions, you can do it for the masses, reaching your prospective buyers on a much wider scale.
Imagine being in a room full of thousands of your buyer personas and they are asking you (and only you), questions related to their pain points and desires. You would not have the bandwidth to address each one individually- at least not at the risk of losing several potential buyers who are ready to take immediate action.
However, if you could clone yourself, you could reach a larger number of customers with no more effort than what you would typically expend. At a very high level, that is how online content works to communicate with your ideal buyers. It enables you to engage with more individuals without extra effort.
If you’re looking to generate more leads, work smarter. Double down on the content you create to reach more of your prospects.
2. CREATE EVERGREEN ASSETS THAT SELL FOR YOU 24/7/365
The beauty of content that lives online is that it remains indefinitely. The best online content remains relevant over time. It continues to educate and inform, and ultimately produce traffic, leads, and sales long after it has been created. This is called evergreen content.
Evergreen content can take many forms, the most common of which are written and visual content. Examples include How-to guides, testimonials, and infographics. Not to mention, the ever popular blog posts and videos.
Because these assets educate and/or provide information to the consumer, think of them as individual salespeople, that never quit; yet constantly lure prospects to the top of your sales funnel.
Content delivers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year- without fail. It never sleeps and never goes on vacation.
This is good news for the lifestyle that most of us want to live. You want to attract the right buyer. You want to convert them to a qualified lead. And you want to close the sale.
Content can take care of the first two steps for you. Either freeing up your time to focus on closing more business while at work or creating opportunities so you can enjoy other aspects of life while away from work.
3. USE MARKETING AUTOMATION TO DELIVER SALES QUALIFIED LEADS TO YOUR INBOX
You’ve created content that addresses the questions your buyers have regarding their needs and desires. You’ve made sure your content is educational, informative and relevant for today’s buyer and beyond. Now what?
Enter, Marketing Automation.
Our friends at Quicksprout have done a great job providing a resource that takes a deep dive into this subject. But to keep it simple, read on.
Hubspot, a popular sales and marketing automation platform, defines it as such, “marketing automation is software and tactics that allow companies to nurture prospects with highly personalized, useful content that helps convert prospects to customers…”
Marketing automation software does this by providing a means for companies to streamline and scale specific processes as well as test and measure their effectiveness.
This all sounds good on paper, but how does that help you save time and do more of what you enjoy?
Here’s a 5 step snapshot of the process:
1. Create educational and informative content for your target buyer. Marketing automation provides tools to identify the keywords you should be targeting.
2. Engage with those buyers using video and other content through social media channels. Automate specific tasks for a variety of social platforms using marketing automation.
3. Convert prospects who land on your website by using CTAs (Calls-to-Action), landing pages, and forms to collect email addresses and other pertinent details to nurture your prospects through the sales funnel. Marketing automation streamlines these actions.
4. Use lead scoring to assign prospects a value of their readiness to buy. Use automated email sequences to send personalized emails based on content your prospects have consumed. Identify prospects that are sales qualified and trigger notifications within an integrated CRM tool. Marketing automation software can manage all of this.
5. Use reporting analytics to track and measure what works and what doesn’t. Access the information needed to make informed decisions about future tactics. Marketing automation makes this simple.
That’s a quick snapshot of how marketing automation can help automate actions that can save you a ton of time.
The reality is… if you want to generate more leads, but you don’t want to expend an exponentially greater amount of time doing so, you can adopt these best practices to make it happen. Use content to clone your efforts, create evergreen assets that work for you 24/7, and leverage the power of marketing automation to simplify tasks.
Have questions about how to get started with content? Download our Free Guide, 7 Content Pieces That Drive Technology Sales.
Also published on Medium.